Just because you aren’t experiencing noticeable problems with your teeth, doesn’t mean you should neglect regular appointments. We have compiled 5 signs you need to see your dentist! Our Principal Dentist, Dr. Austin, advises this when you haven’t been for a checkup in a while:
“Pain is not a good indicator of the need to see a dentist. You may have lots of decay and no pain or pain with no decay. You never know what is going on in your mouth unless you see your dentist on a regular basis.”
If you are wondering what kind of visible signs might be worthy of an appointment, here are a few more obvious indicators that it would be a good time to call us!
Signs You Need to See Your Dentist
1. Hot & cold sensitivity. Experiencing sudden sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures is one of the signs you need to see your dentist. This tooth sensitivity could be evidence of a cavity or tooth decay.
2. Bad breath that won’t go away. Are you brushing regularly and still noticing bad breath? You should schedule an appointment immediately if you are experiencing consistent bad breath as this is an early sign of gingivitis that will lead to more serious conditions.
3. Your mouth is often dry. If you are suddenly experiencing consistent dry mouth symptoms, it could be a tell-tale sign that gum decay is forming.
4. Swollen gums. If you are experiencing inflamed gums, this could be that plaque has accumulated under your gum line and you need to see us for a cleaning to prevent further damage!
5. Changes to the appearance of your teeth or mouth. You may not recognize the subtle changes that are happening in your mouth if you neglect checkups. Things like white spots that pop up on your teeth can be the first signs of dental decay and often occurs with next to no symptoms.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, they are signs you need to see your dentist! Please call or make an appointment online to let us help make you feel more comfortable!